5 Things to Do in Ocean City, New Jersey During the Winter
When most people think of Ocean City, they immediately imagine sun-soaked boardwalks and crowded beaches bustling with tourists. However, Ocean City is a hidden gem that offers plenty of activities and attractions even during the off-season. In the winter months, visitors can enjoy a quieter, more peaceful experience. Here are a few activities to consider:
- Stroll along the boardwalk or beach: Take your time walking or biking along the iconic boardwalk or beach. With fewer crowds, it’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy the stunning views of the ocean without the hustle and bustle of the summer months.
- Visit the local shops and restaurants: From clothing and jewelry to art and home decor, you’ll find a wide variety of unique and charming shops to explore. Take a winter stroll downtown to get local deals or a delicious bite to eat at one of the many restaurants. The downtown area is located on Asbury Avenue between 6th street and 14th street.
- Get active at the Aquatics and Fitness Center: If you’re looking for something more active, head to the Ocean City Aquatics and Fitness Center. The center has a 25-meter pool, strength and cardiovascular equipment training space, an exercise studio for aerobics, yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, and martial arts, indoor cycling, personal training, and racquetball court. The Ocean City Aquatic and Fitness Center has something for everyone in the family!
- Enjoy events at the Ocean City Free Public Library: The free public library has events and activities scheduled year-round. The library is open seven days a week from 9am to 9pm on weekdays and until 5pm on weekends. From children’s storytimes and teen book clubs, to cooking classes and movie showings, there’s something fun for everyone in the family! To view upcoming events, click here:
- Tour the Ocean City Historical Museum: Learn about the history of Ocean City and explore artifacts, treasures, photos and more that date back to 1879! The museum is open Tuesday-Saturday from 10am-4pm and is located inside the Ocean City Community Center (1735 Simpson Avenue).
So don’t let the winter weather keep you from discovering all that Ocean City has to offer. Whether you’re looking for relaxation or adventure, there’s something for everyone in this charming New Jersey town.
Looking for the perfect mid-winter break for your family or long weekend getaway with your loved one? Check out our selection of available rentals